Donna Imam is an engineer from Austin running in TX-31 – running explicitly against the work corporations do to keep people in deep debt and working paycheck-to-paycheck.
We talk about a campaign to raise wages and give working people a larger sale of what they create. Why having an engineer is a refreshing change from the usual flood of lawyers and business owners that run Congress now.
- Why we need to think more ambitiously than just “living wages”
- Surviving in one of the most intensely gerrymandered states in the country.
- Why it’s harder for people to “graduate out” of a low paying job.
- Why student loans are a scam and how to lower the cost of education.
- Why the private health insurance has to die so the rest of us can live.